Thursday, April 21, 2016

What I hope to get out of this course

Today, technological tools such as computers, smart boards, tablets, e-books, videos, and other resources are part of the activities in classrooms, jobs, health centers, practically in everything we do. Staying updated and make a good use of the technology is necessary to continue moving forward personally, academically, professionally and socially.
In this course, Intro to Technology in the Classroom, I hope to learn how to use the online technology such as blogs, social networking sites, to create videos and even a webpage. I am very excited to have the opportunity to learn new things about technology, put into practice what I already know and to have a better idea of how to integrate it (technological resources) in my own classes when I become teacher. I think all I can acquire in this class will help me to be better prepared for my next classes here in NLU, in my work and of course in my future profession. I am a person who believes that every day I can learn something new.

As a future educator is important to have the skills and knowledge to integrate technology in my classroom. It is essential to have knowledge about it so I can assist my students in questions, concerns or difficulties they may have. I think that technology in classrooms provides different benefits, for example, classes are more interactive, technology helps students to expand our knowledge through the continuous practice and communication with people inside and outside the classroom which is helpful to expand our skills.



I found these two interesting articles that talks about the importance and benefits of technology in classrooms.

Ramey, K. (2012, November 6). Why is it important to use technology in the classroom. Use of
Lee-Tahnk, J. (2014, October 10). Why we need to embrace technology in the classroom right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment